The main parameters of the BMX bike rim are acceptable weight and strength. It is this part of the bike that is mostly under load when spinning and landing. But there are other factors that you should pay attention to when choosing wheels:
- Width. The larger it is, the better your BMX bike withstands the load.
- Diameter. The standard parameter is 20 inches.
- Height. High-profile rims are considered stronger.
- Number of spokes. Common standards are 36 or 48 spokes.
- Profile. For BMX bikes, single-wall or double-wall rims are used. Multi-piece rims are much stronger, but heavier. Experienced riders put a double-wall rim on the back, and a single-wall one on the front.
The material is also worth paying attention to. Today, rims are made of aluminum alloys.